Monday 27 November 2006

I finally visit Most Famous City - London

I have been struggle around with my assignment last weekdays so that I could enjoy the trip in London. I packed my back pack and off from Newcastle to London by GNER rail. The journey tooks me 3 and half hours. Well I finally arrived in London 12:30am sharp. The rail ticket cost 44.50 pound sterling, which considerable prices for me.

Upon arrival I called Mr Elan, he is a Malaysian Indian. My flatmate's uncle. He is running Guest House business in South East London since last year. Along the journey back to his house, he talked a lot about Malaysia politic, he dislike Malay a lot and the way UMNO running Malaysia Government. He moved to UK since 15 years ago, albeit he dislike Malaysia but he is still concern about Malaysia politic.

The next morning, Lay San and I meet up Benedict, it was a raining day and we waited Benedict at Charing Cross station for 1 hours. He brought us to China Town to have our lunch. I had my lovely ChaoSao + Roasted Duck Rice which only cost me 4.50 pound sterling. The lunch filling my stomach well. And then we go to the Queen's castle somewhere else in London. Arriving in the castle the first thing I noticed that the castle was locked to prevent traveller to go inside. We were only able to take photo from 500meter distance far away from the castle. After some walk and shots of scenery, we arrive at the famous lion statue nearby the National Art Gallery of London. The statue of the lion was build by a blind man, he were told by somebody how's lion looks like and he crafted it by his own imagination. How MARVELLOUS was this..

Next we went to Harrods, wow.. truly words cannot be potray. This department shop just full of rich brits shopping around. Famous restaurant, clothing, jewellery, perfume were all to be digged only here. Three of us only able to buy some accesories, I bought a bear for my lovely Sherry and Lay San bought a better one teddy bear ! (Shit, I am going to ask Ben to get me another one). We also ate some donuts. Uh.. the best donuts I ever have in my lifetime. The donut was topped with somekind of sugar, the donuts are hot but not yet to burn your lips, it has very crisps outter layer. When a bite of donuts in your mouth, it melt on your tounge instantly. Truly words cannot explain, unless you try it urself.

But Harrods was too crowded and I am bit of headache. We went to a Japanese Restaurant in China Town too. We had been on the queue for like 45 minutes, but finally long after our waiting, we are able to order foods. I ordered Curry Chicken Rice and a plate of Shashimi. Three of us enjoyed our meal very much and we have some nice talk. After our dinner we went for walk to enjoy the London Eye in the dark mist of cold night.

The next morning, I woke up lately. Our first destination - brunch in a Malaysian owned restaurant. The foods are served with heavy monosodium glutamate. And then we took travel cruise on the River Tyne and enjoy the night scenery of London. Ya the commentator is a funny and humourous dude. The cruise brought us to the London Eye, it was 5:50pm and we arrive at the ticket counter for the London Eye at 6pm. The staff said the ticket counter was closing now, OMG FUCK ! We miss it yesterday and we miss it today again. The doom atmosphere among us made us stay no longer nearby London Eye. We went to dinner at a western restaurant, I had a ribbed-eye 8oz steak served with cheese and corn sauce. Cost me 15 pound sterling which is considerable. The steak was so nice in raw stages. We order some dessert after the meal and I put away with a bottle of Tiger beer.

After our harvest meal we departed at London King Cross for our train back to Newcastle. Along the journey in train. I spend most of my time reading Sherlock Hormes novel. Overall, a tiring but enjoyable holiday for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything is "considerable" for u dude ;)

Anonymous said...

wow~ rich guy~ hehe.. =p

Anonymous said...

what is not considerable to you?

Anonymous said...

you are freaking rich....